Sunday, October 21, 2012

iPhone 5: Tested OK?


I have been using Apple iPhone for a while now. Its an amazing device. And no doubt its the market leader. Whenever people think "OK this is what we say the top/Model in the market", Apple always come up with the cool new features and a great phone.
I recently upgraded my phone to iOS 6 and must say, its pretty much good. of course even with the one time blunder from apple on the "Maps", but it is still a good bet.

With increasing crimes in my area, i always want to protect my iPhone from stealing, so i store my data on iCloud but i feel there is still threat to my iPhone.
Find iPhone is nice app, it finds your phone accurately but what it cant do is to find an switched off iPhone. If the phone is switched off you will be able to find the last known location but not the exact location. well as a software Engineer myself its next to impossible to send the signals from the switched off iPhone.

Potential Workaround or Fix:
When you try to switch of iPhone, it says "Slide to Switch Off", when you do that phone turns off.
But Apple can tweak a little here, when you slide to switch off, ask for the pass code. That way, only you can switch off the phone. And also when you connect your phone to the iTunes ask for the pass code as well, that way you wont be able to factory restore as well.

Well then we all know, find iPhone will locate your phone most accurately!!

No comments:

Post a Comment